Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Root of it all.

Good Afternoon

I would like to tell you about the roots for my passion of the Japanese culture.
It all started when I was in grade 10.  A friend of mine introduce me to a Japanese Anime called Sailor Moon.

She showed me a couple of pictures, and told me when it was on.  So I thought why not give it a shot.  I had no idea at the time on how hooked I was going to get.  At the time I only saw the dubbed vision of it. (In english).  After a time of watching the first one and a half seasons of it over and over in English waiting for it to continue. I was trying to find a way to see more.  At the time all I could really do was find pictures and try to draw them.  Also that same friend had the three movies and let me watch them, and I was even more hooked.

Since then I got my own collection of the show all in Japanese with subtitles, many posters, and all the Manga books. 

During the time in high school I did a project about Japan and I got an A I think if I remember right.  I even got more into it and tried learning the language.  Wow that took awhile to try to learn it around that time.  I only got to know a few words.  Now that I have more time and determination I am learning it a whole lot more, and I am really enjoying it.

Now a days I watching more different kinds of animes all in Japanese so I can hear it and get use to it.  I listen to a lot of J. music.  I am catching of words and maybe even sentence or two.

That is all for now. Please send comments.  
I would like to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment