Friday, January 10, 2014

Tribute to a well loved kitty

Good Evening all.

As some of you might have found out on this passed Boxing Day that we lost one of our cats.
She was 16 1/2 years old and she was pretty much wasting away poor girl.

Here is a tribute to her that I wrote a couple of days later.

A light that formed in my mind. For my mind can not see. A light so bright I have to shield my minds eye in a way that I can't explain. 
 When this light dimmed and I can look around again there stood a large tree in front of me. 
The tree of life. 
 It held everything that was held in humankind's mind. Everything that we think of we see and touch. As I stared that the branches of the tree I see animals of all shapes and sizes. And there on the lowest branch lay a cat that seemed so content on it's perch. It had brown and black stripes, and with green eyes that watching anything the moved.
It raised it's head up and looked down at me. She seemed very frail as I first set my eyes upon her. It seem to know me. Looking straight into my eyes. She seemed to be telling me something with her eyes. 
 “Do not fear of the time after death, for it is very nice and we are well taken care of here. I do hear your thoughts and the thoughts of all that think of me. I did enjoy the time that I had with all of you. I speak to you for you have ways to connect with us here in this next life, but please tell my two favourite people at home that I am safe and happy, and thank you for trying to make me as comfortable is you guys possibly could.”
As she finished her form slowly changed and she looked younger then she was. Maybe three years old. I smile up at her and say out loud, “thank you Emma for connecting with me. I will give them you're message and we all miss you very dearly.” Jumped down from her perch she rubbed against my leg then ran off into the distance and just as she was just about to disappear I noticed that she saw a butterfly flying around. She started to play like a little kitten and left my sight. I smile and giggle to myself. She is Happy here.


For Emma

Passed away December 26th 2013.

She is well loved and missed.

Night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. That was very lovely and a well-written tribute. Hugs and Sparkles

    ReplyDelete